A just-for-fun programming language which compiles down to JASS (Warcraft 3). It aims to improve and replace the beloved vJASS.
An update to vJASS which tries to solve its flaws.
I want to try it! - I need a manual
Here, a linter: https://github.com/Ruk33/SublimeLinter-contrib-vrjasslint
- 80%-100% (I'm planning not to implement a few features, like function interfaces, but if anyone can/want-to code it, will be welcome) compatibility with vJASS
- Improve debug messages
- Fix (module) initializations (implemented as abstract classes)
- Improve OOP (type-safety, attributes initialization, etc.)
- Anonymous functions
- Free variable definition
- Add operators +=, -=, *=, /=
- Improve/add loops
- Null/Empty string/0 Conditional (null->false, "" -> false, 0 -> false)
Auto-null local handle variablesOptimizers do this already Return arraySimply use structs
- Allow as alternative to , , , etc.
Hooks (before/after)?Delegated to cJASS Alternative C-like syntaxDelegated to cJASS
Green -> Done
When is it gonna be ready?
It already is on an stable version!
Where can I see the progress/code?
How can I help you?
If you know Java or Antlr4 you can check the repository and send me pull requests (don't worry if you don't know too much about them, I'm new too!). If you don't know these languages, let me know your suggestions, I'm open to them :)
So there will be no changes for the final-user (you), it will be like coding with the actual vJASS in my current setup in Newgen without any weird stuff, right?
Kinda. Yes, it is gonna be the same syntax, same features (excepting just a few that no one uses) but with a few and hopefully useful new features like better error messages, free variable definition (not only at the beginning), new loops, etc..
Free variable definition
Operators +=, -=, *=, /=
What does vr mean?
Pick the one you like the most:
- Beer (default), because everyone loves beer
- Vexorian r$~%d-newbetterversionftw
- Vexorian Ruke